Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fleming, Ian Fleming! Agent 17F, Royal Navy Intelligence at your service!

The Ian Fleming Files:  Operation ArmadaThe Ian Fleming Files: Operation Armada by Damian Stevenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fleming. Ian Fleming. Agent 17F. Yep! Looking for a "James Bond" fix? Then, in that case, I recommend you check out this series of books by Damian Stevenson. As I read this first series book, I kept imagining Sean Connery's voice speaking for the Ian Fleming character...

Placed in World War II, Operation Armada has Fleming on a covert mission to convince Admiral Darlan of the French Navy to turn over the country's capital ships to the Royal Navy and not Hitler. Of course, nothing ever goes as planned... Courtesy of Nazi General Bock and a leak in the spy network, Fleming must improvise to bring his mission to a close. Vistas include England, France, Spain and North Africa.

A fast paced action spy yarn with some basis in history, I could not put this book down. I completed it over the course of three days and loved it enough to buy the second book in the series. And, oh yes, there are gadgets provided by the "Armourer" and 17F has to trade his pocket pistol for a Colt M1911 .45

Recommended, of course, to Bond fans.

-John

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment